I hope your holidays rocked!!!
Now that we are in 2103, I thought today would be a good time to give you an eye-opening health bulletin that holistic nutritionist Yuri Elkaim just sent my way.
Right on the front page of this brand new report, you’ll be shocked to discover what Americans (and most westerners) are ingesting at the rate of 14 pounds per year…
….And without even knowing about it! That’s just the tip of the iceberg, as you’ll also discover: * 6 secret toxins hiding inside your body right now and what they’re doing to your health. * Why, without ridding your body of “this”, you’ll find it very tough to lose weight in 2013. *
How normal hormone signals telling you’re brain “I’m full” are being hijacked, causing you eat to more. * The important organ in your body that has become overworked and is now ready to call it quits. * The REAL truth about our success with preventing and treating cancer over the last 30 years. And more.
This is 26 pages of A+ content that is yours free and just in time for the new year. So put aside a few minutes now and download this Health Bulletin so you can equip yourself for a healthier (and leaner) 2013.
Start and finish 2013 STRONG,
Emmanuel Soba, NASM-CPT
by Emmanuel Soba Google
Over the weekend while out with a buddy we stopped in a local convenience store in an attempt to find a healthy snack (tall order, I know). While I made my way over to where the pistachios and other nuts were, he reached inside the frozen food case and pulled out a Skinny Cow vanilla ice cream sandwich made by Nestle®.
“Hey this is healthy”, he said. “It’s only got 140 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. It says it right here on the label.”
However, upon further review of the back of the label (there was a convenient fold covering up all of the unflattering nutrition information) this small ice cream sandwich is STUFFED with chemicals I call obesity additives.
Here are the whopping 33 ingredients and my comments after some of them:
- Skim milk
- Bleached wheat flour (acts like sugar in the body)
- Sugar (the main cause of belly fat)
- Caramel color (the same junk they color soft drinks with)
- Dextrose (sugar)
- Palm oil
- Corn flour (most likely from genentically modified [GMO] corn)
- High fructose corn syrup (causes extreme cravings; most likely GMO)
- Corn syrup (ditto)
- Baking soda
- Modified corn starch (most likely GMO)
- Mono and diglycerides
- Soy lecithin
- Sugar (again)
- Corn syrup (again)
- Polydextrose (sugar)
- Whey protein
- Calcium carbonate
- Natural flavor (this is a joke considering all the unnatural flavors)
- Propylene glycol monostearate (ugh… more on this below)
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Sodium carboxymethylcellulose (that’s a mouthful)
- Guar gum
- Sorbitol (a sugar alcohol)
- Carob bean gum
- Citric acid
- Vitamin A palmitate
- Carrageenan (a seaweed extract)
So as you can see, this may be a low fat ice cream sandwich, but don’t think for a second that this “Skinny Cow” is a healthy food choice that’s going to help you or your family lose flab. This is a nutrient dead “Frankenfood.” By this I mean that it’s not even a real food, it’s just a chemically-altered food-like substance.
They should call it “dead meat” instead of “skinny cow”. Really, really, bad.
And it gets worse: Propylene Glycol Monostearate (ingredient #23) is found…
- As a working fluid in hydraulic presses
- As a coolant in liquid cooling systems
- To regulate humidity in a cigar humidor
- As the killing and preserving agent in pitfall traps, usually used to capture ground beetles
- As an additive to pipe tobacco to prevent dehydration
- To treat livestock ketosis
- As the main ingredient in deodorant sticks
- As a solvent used in mixing photographic chemicals, such as film developers
- As an ingredient in the production of paintballs
The College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State says this about propylene glycol monostearate: “Slightly more toxic than propylene glycol in animals, and in large doses produces central nervous system depression and kidney injury.“
So while my friend wolfed down this artificial piece of toxic waste, I stuck with all natural pistachios.
All that said, if you REALLY want to know how to lose fat quickly this January, I’ve put together a step-by-step fat burning program for you at this link:
by Emmanuel Soba Google
Hey, here is an article from BioTrust Co-Founder and top nutritionist Joel Marion. See I’ve been getting a lot of questions about metabolism lately… so many in fact that I figured I’d put together a few articles posts about how you can increase YOURS.
Today’s secret strategy: Increase your G-flux
If you’ve never heard of G-flux, here’s a simple formula for increasing it: Eat more; exercise more. Sounds pretty simple, but let’s take a deeper look.
Exercise increases metabolism. Eating increases metabolism. The trick is learning to balance the two so that you still create a negative calorie balance.
Let’s back up real quick.
Sedentary people (folks who just sit around and don’t exercise) have painfully slow metabolisms. This is due to many hormonal factors resulting from a lack of exercise along with the fact that these individuals never really “teach” their body to burn additional calories.
Likewise, chronic dieters share the same plight. When you chronically under-eat, metabolism shuts down as a starvation protection mechanism and the oh-so-slow metabolism blues start a-playin’.
On the contrary, exercise and eating are metabolism boosters. That being said, it’s not very likely that eating more by itself will ever do wonders for your fat loss goals.
But when you combine eating more with a high caloric burn via exercise you get the best of both worlds.
For example, let’s say your basal metabolic rate allows you to burn 2000 calories a day. Knowing this, you go on a diet and begin eating 1500 calories a day, putting you 500 calories in the hole. Now, on the surface a 500 calorie deficit would appear to be a good thing, but unfortunately you’ve done your metabolism NO favors here. In fact, under-eating only decreases metabolism with each passing day.
So, “dieting” is not the method of choice for creating a calorie deficit.
Now let’s take a similar scenario. You burn 2000 calories a day, but instead of “dieting” you start eating 300 calories MORE each day and you also burn 800 extra calories through exercise. The result? The SAME 500 calorie deficit (2800 calories burned, 2300 calories consumed) but you do so while increasing your metabolism through eating and exercising more.
That’s the power of G-flux. Apply the concept and watch your metabolism skyrocket.
Want to know how to increase your metabolism even further with FOOD? Check out this link we made for you:
Transformation Expert, MyBSBE.com
by Emmanuel Soba Google
Jon Gabriel was stuck.
At nearly 410 pounds, he had tried every diet imaginable – with no luck.
No matter what approach he took to lose fat, his body would fight him, and he would inevitably end up heavier than before.
Then one day he had a light bulb-over-the-head “ah-hah” moment: His body wanted to be fat, and as long as it wanted to be fat, there was nothing he could do to lose weight.
If you’ve struggled for any length of time with weight loss, then you know the frustration that Gabriel felt in that moment. He was at war with his body.
In the two years following Gabriel’s “ah-hah” moment, he lost over 220 pounds naturally, without surgery or counting calories. His incredible journey is recounted in his book The Gabriel Method.
One of the key components to his success was that he identified and addressed the mental and emotional reasons that his body felt safe being overweight. Once these issues were eliminated, the weight began to fall off.
The Real Reason You Can’t Lose Weight
According to Gabriel, your body wants to be fat anytime it decides that being fat is the best way to keep you safe. Once your body understands that being thin is the best way to keep you safe, your body will want to be thin and the weight will fall off.
This all ties into our survival instincts to protect us from starvation, freezing to death or being eaten.
In our modern world you have different worries than being chased by a lion, but even modern stress about paying your bills create the exact same chemical signals that are produced when you are starving or freezing. This convinces your body that you need to be fat in order to be safe.
When you approach weight loss from the outside in, you overlook mental and emotional threats that can confuse your body into thinking that being fat can help keep you safe.
Here are four threats that may be affecting you:
1. Fear of Scarcity: When you spend your time in fear that you don’t have enough money then you send a message to your body that resources are limited. The only resource that your body recognizes is food – and storing fat is how your body saves up.
2. Emotional Obesity: At a subconscious level you may have the association that being fat makes you feel safer, or that it is serving another emotional need. In this case your body is simply trying to protect you; it is making you feel safer emotionally.
3. Mental Starvation: Though your body only recognizes physical starvation, you can also be suffering from emotional or mental starvation. This could be a desire for love, joy, fun, intimacy, or a deeper spiritual connection. Any mental or emotional longing can send the same chemical signals in your brain that physical starvation causes.
4. Dysfunctional Beliefs: If you believe that you were meant to be fat, or deserve to be fat, or if you view weight loss as impossible, then your body will obey by refusing to lose weight. Change your dysfunctional beliefs first and then weight loss will become simple.
Exercise was a big part of Gabriel’s remarkable weight loss journey. Once he broke through the mental and emotional reasons for his obesity, his body craved activity.
Are you ready to begin your weight loss journey? I’m here to help.
Call or email today to get started on a program that will transform your life forever – just like Gabriel did.